Take and Bake Breakfast Rolls
Directions for Cinnamon & Orange Rolls
- Take your rolls home begin with step 1 below OR refrigerate for up to 24 hours.
- Cover with plastic wrap or a damp, lightweight dish towel and allow them to double in size in a warm place (this will take 1-2+ hours).
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Once the rolls are ready, gently remove the plastic wrap/towel and bake in a preheated oven for 12-15 minutes or until light golden brown, rotating your pan halfway through.
- Allow rolls to cool for a few minutes. Spread the frosting directly onto warm rolls or you can do it the Dolce way by microwaving the icing in a liquid measuring cup until pourable (about 30 sec-1 minute) and drizzle over the top of slightly cooled rolls.
- If your rolls aren’t rising - make sure your environment is warm and moist if possible. (The laundry room with the door shut is one of my favorite spots!)
- If your rolls aren’t rising - BE CAREFUL WITH THIS ONE!
- Turn your oven on to 200°F and place a small pan of water inside.
- When it gets to 200°F, TURN IT OFF and place plastic wrap covered rolls inside, shut the oven door, and allow rolls to rise. Keep your eye on them as they will rise in just minutes with this method.
- Once doubled in size, carefully remove from the oven. Continue with step 2 (preheat oven to 350°F).
- If your rolls aren’t rising - have a cup of coffee and relax!
- Utilize an oven thermometer to make sure your oven temperature is accurate.
- Bake times vary oven to oven!